End Result and Evaluation



15 minutes of fame - Coming from Andy Warhol’s famous quote, “In the future everybody will be world famous for fifteen minutes.". The overview of this project was to create a pull-out for the magazine Wallpaper. The concept was to make the reader read/look/listen to something or someone for approximately 15 minutes. My initial idea was to choose a subject i was interested in, straight away i thought of something music orientated. After my first quick brainstorm i was keen on doing the pull-out on a group of friends who are currently getting a name for them selfs in the DJ industry. In a way this let my research element for the project down by having an idea the first day and going with that instead of looking and broadening my ideas. For the pull-out i decided to have a short interview what i was easily able to actually do the interview, i also created the front page as a poster and even chucked a CD in there for the reader to have a listen. I found it a lot easier to show my digital work on my blog other than using a book what i just jot notes in, i will definitely be using a blog for the majority of future projects. Overall i am happy with my final product and could relate to it been in a magazine although i feel a few things let me down. If i was to do the project again i would do deeper research and not rush into it as quickly as i did. I also think that my time management skills could of been better, i found my self rushing around last minute to have it finished. I have learnt a lot from this project, i designed a CD cover, not hard i know but its something i have never done before and for a first attempt i think it looks quite professional and i know my friends who i did the project on are keen on using the design for there CD’s. My Software skills have also improved using tools and techniques for the first time in inDesign and Photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment